Views
Helpful
Replies

Grammarly and ChatGPT Access

DamianRCL
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Both the Grammarly and ChatGPT sites are accessible, however, the WSA will not allow us to use the them properly. In the case of ChatGPT, if you try to open a document, the error shown is, "Can't connect to Grammarly. your network configuration currently blocks Grammarly services on this computer." With ChatGPT, new chats produce the following error, "Something went wrong. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com."

In Talos, Grammarly is categorized as Education, and openai.com is Computers and internet. Both categories are set to monitor, so they should be accessible (?).

Does anyone know why this is occurring?

Thank you!

18 Replies 18

Hi Amirhossein,

I made the change but websocket traffic is still blocked. Is a restart required?

Edit: I rebooted the appliance.

Thanks,

Hi Amirhossein,

Unfortunately, WSS traffic still isn't permitted. It there anything else I should try?

Thanks!

amojarra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the updates @DamianRCL 

I would say one more test please, and if no luck, kindly open a ticket with us, and we will review the logs from the backend.

The test would be regarding this question: are you decrypting the traffic, or it is set to Passthrough in WSA? 

if it is Passthrough, can you please test with decrypt as well?

Regards,

Amirhossein Mojarrad

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++     If you find this answer helpful, please rate it as such    ++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello again, Amirhossein. I just wanted to inform you that Cisco has confirmed the WSAs do not currently support websocket traffic. However, there is a feature request in place for it. The only solution is to modify the PAC file to bypass the WSA for that specific traffic.

Thanks for your help!