cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to find out which URL Category (many) URLs belong to - via script

Hi,

It's about AsyncOS7.5 on WSA S360.

After implementing URL Filtering I have following problem:

If I'd like to access amazon.de for example, there are plenty of other Web Pages  referenced too.

Some of them belong to allowed URL Categories and others to forbiden ones which makes the visited URL

not show up properly.

Since some times there are about 15 URLs affected I don't like to test each of them with the Policy Tracer

in order to find out which ones are allowed and care for the others.

Instead I thought of using a command or a script with a list of  URLs  for a much faster solution.

Is there any such posibility?

Thanks

Jannis

3 Replies 3

donnylee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jannis,

If you only would like to find the category of multiple URLs in one go so you can then compare to your policy (so you know which one is allowed and which one is blocked), you can use this portal (Cisco CCO ID is required to log in).

https://securityhub.cisco.com/web/submit_urls

Under Lookup or Submit URLs tab you can enter multiple URLs  and select the AsyncOS version to get their categorizations.

On the scripting side, maybe it can be done outside the WSA so your client will send the request of the multiple URLs to the WSA and WSA returns their categories (with block page or response from WSA).

Perhaps a scripting master here can add more information to your query.

Thanks,

Donny

Hi Donny,

OK, I first need to get a CCO account and then I'll test it.

Thanks

Jannis

Your Cisco account does not currently have the proper credentials to access this resource!

Your Cisco Account Profile needs to be associated with an Active service contract. For more information, visit our FAQ page.

I am getting this error.