cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IronPort S80 alert - An application fault occurred: 882, Acceptable Use Controls Engine Updates

russjstewart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I am getting email alerts from one of our centrally managed  web gateway appliances version 7.7.0-710 saying "

An application fault occurred: ('updater/app_thread.py _set_abandoned_versions|882', "<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>", "'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable", '[updater/app_thread.py update_handler|1138] [updater/app_thread.py _run_update|738] [updater/app_thread.py _set_abandoned_versions|882]')

"

We have two web gateways, webgateway1 and webgateway2.Webgateway2 is generating the alert, which appear once an hour.

When I go into the management appliance, and select Web > Utilities > Web Appliance Status I see Webgateway2 saying attention needed and a message Acceptable Use Control Engine data version on the Web Appliance does not match the version available on the Management Appliance.

under the "Acceptable Use Controls Engine Updates" I see different versions between the management appliance version and the web appliance version

Application Visibility and Control Data Web = 1435351860 management =-1346296993

Now where this gets really weird is if I wait approx. 5 minutes and check the management appliance again the alert has moved to webgateway1, wait 5 minutes and it is back on webgateway2 (see attached word file)

The appliances appear to be working fine. I assume my alerts are due to an update failure but why the management appliance keeps changing which device needs attention is a worry

Any thought please

3 Replies 3

Handy Putra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

on older version such as 7.7.0 and below, there is a known defect (CSCzv91509) when the appliance was performing mutliple upgrades or using more then one upgrade handlers at the same time will generate the application fault error and the upgrades might failed.

would recommend to open a TAC case for this to verify further and in depth from the appliance root level and to confirm if hitting the known defect and apply the fix for it.

Regards

Handy Putra

Hi Handy,

I have read the bug and will log a call with our support vendor.  I will update this when fixed.

Thanks for your time and the quick reply, greatly appreciated

Cheers

Russell Stewart

Hi Handy,

TAC fixed the problem, it seems that there were a few extra files in some of the update folders that can cause delays and errors when the update process occurs.  TAC cleaned up the files and restarted the update service.