Views
Helpful
Replies

ironport vmware question

kunalmausam83
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have installed ironport wsa on vmware, how do I connect P1 , P2 and Management Interface on to single port since my server has only one NIC card.

I am tottly new to vmware any help would be appriciated.

Thanks

Kunal

4 Replies 4

Vance Kwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Kunal,

In vSphere, you can configure Network Adapters that use 802.1Q on your physical interface to tag it for different VLANs.  Just assign it to the appropriate VLAN.

You'll probably need to set the switchport to be a trunk port instead of an access port.  Careful when you do this.  Make sure that the Management Network on the ESXi is also configured for the correct VLAN.  If not, you may lose connectivity.

Example:

Name:  M1 network adapter, VLAN 100.  Assign this to the M1 interface for the guest OS.

Name: P1 network adapter, VLAN 110.  Assign this to the P1 interface for the guest OS.

Let me know if this helps.  I can take screenshots of my setup to show you if you need.

-Vance

Hi Vance,

Thanks a lot for your reply, it would be really help full if you can share me the screen shots.

Thanks

Kunal

I will get the screenshots when I have the chance tomorrow.

-Vance

Unforunately, I just realized that I have to go into "Maintenance Mode" to get to the options.  In order to get to maintenance mode, all the VM's need to be powered down.  There are too many VM's in there and they cannot be disrupted.