Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Native FTP on IronPort WSA S670 when using FileZilla

ahamadfaiz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am using IronPort as Proxy in Explicit Forward Mode.

Currently there is an issue related to Native FTP. When we use FileZilla to access an FTP server, it does not work. If we try bypassing the proxy it does work without any issue. Also, FTP over HTTP works well throuhg Proxy.

We tried with Checkpoint authentication and Raptor authentication formats but to no avail. The configuration seems perfect as I have verified it agianst the Admin Guide. I have attached the same for reference.

In the logs it does say 'Allow' however I get the below error in FileZilla:

Status:          Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

Response:          220 Test

Command:          USER *******@X.X.X.X:2021

Response:          331 User name okay, need password.

Command:          PASS *******

Response:          421 Service not available, closing control connection.

Error:          Could not connect to server

The proxy details are as follows:

Model: S670

Version: 7.1.4-053

I would really appreciate if anyone could assist me with this issue.

Thanks in advance

Faiz

10 Replies 10

Hi Ken,

Thank you for the reply.

I did go throuhg the KB article. However, that did not help me fix this issue. I tried with Checkpiont authentication format and it does not successfully authenticate. But when I use Raptor format, it does authenticate but I get the above mentioned error.

So , I presume these settings are not the issue.

Regards

Faiz

I did a packet capture on the WSA as well as on the connected firewall.

I can see that the packets are going to and back from the proxy on port 8021. This clearly indicates that the firewall is not blocking anything.

However, I don’t see any traffic that is going out of the Proxy to the FTP server. It appears that the proxy is not forwarding the packets to the FTP server.

I would appreciate your assistance on this.

Thanks

Faiz

Hello Faiz,

How did you configure your proxy settings within FileZilla? Please remove the domain name and only input user domain account as proxy user settings within FIleZilla.

Hope it helps.

Hi Tao,

Thanks for the reply.

I have attached the Filezilla proxy settings configurations. I hope it is correct.

The proxy does notrequire authentication.

What surprises me is that there is no response from the WSA when the filezilla sends FTP traffic to it. I mean, I cannot see anything in the FTP serrver logs related to this communication.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Regards

Faiz

Hi Faiz,

Please take a look at the following KB

Article #1401: How do I enable native FTP proxy on FileZilla? Link: http://tools.cisco.com/squish/4Ed0c

If authentication is not enabled, you need to use one of the following configurations depends on your current FTP proxy authentication format settings.

Native FTP FileZilla configuration without authentication and using "Check Point" authentication

USER %u@%h

PASS %p

or

Native FTP FileZilla configuration without authentication and using "Raptor" authentication

USER %u@%h%u

PASS %p

ACCT %p

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Hi Tao,

I have gone through this KB article. I tried both formats of authentication in fact.

When I use Checkpoint format, it does not authenticate. But when I use Raptor authentication it does authenticate successfully, but then throws me an error saying "Error:          Could not connect to server".

You may please refer the logs in my question.

I cant see anything wrong with the FileZilla configuration.

Regards

Faiz

accor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Faiz,

It appears the target ftp server is listening on port 2021

I perceive you are impacted by bug # 55044 , reported fixed in 7.5.0 – 826

Regards,

Alcides Miguel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ahamadfaiz,

Have you solved you issue?

I've the same issue with one wsa s170 and access to a sftp server, where I can't figure out how to solve this.

Any help will be appreciated.

Best regards,

Alcides

kushsriva
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please check CSCzv69205 at https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCzv69205.

If you use the authentication method as "anonymous" on the WSA the FTP should work.

Regards,

Kush

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: