Views
Helpful
Replies

Management M670 to console WSA S680

jigarshah91291
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

Currently, we have M670 Management appliance console with two WSA S680. As you are aware that M670 is EOL and EOS, so we need to upgrade it to M695.

Can we configure M695 Management with WSA S680, if yes, then shall we configure with the same OS version ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes you can manage the new Manangement with OLD WSA, subject to have right Async OS, i have done many implementation like this, i do not see any issue.

I am running some Management with Async OS - 11.5.1-115 ( stable) - 12.X  available. but at this moment all good Live service point of view.

Bare in mind, you wont be able to ship the Logs archieve this is one of the pain i have encountered. Once you moved to new Manangmeent all Logs are gone, suggest to take backup as required if any compliance you looking.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes you can manage the new Manangement with OLD WSA, subject to have right Async OS, i have done many implementation like this, i do not see any issue.

I am running some Management with Async OS - 11.5.1-115 ( stable) - 12.X  available. but at this moment all good Live service point of view.

Bare in mind, you wont be able to ship the Logs archieve this is one of the pain i have encountered. Once you moved to new Manangmeent all Logs are gone, suggest to take backup as required if any compliance you looking.

BB

Thank you for the quick response.

So you mean, the logs will be erased and the same Async OS can be work with New Management appliance.

Correct me if I am wrong.

yes you can not export Logs, That is what my experience.

yes you can manage WSA with compatable.

BB

Thank you 😊

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: