cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

remove self-signed certificate

mahuen.soto
Level 1
Level 1

HI, I need to remove the old one self-signed certificate, to create a new one, with the correct values of my domain, I have  a WSA with 7.5 version.

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

Christian Rahl
Level 1
Level 1

I am assuming you are under the https proxy settings. If that is the case you can just upload the new certificate and it will replace any certificate that was there previously. 

The other option is to click generate new certificate and key.  This will prompt you for the new information and you can regenerate a certificate and write over the old one.

Christian Rahl

Customer Support Engineer                      

Cisco Web Content Security Appliance

Cisco Technical Assistance Center RTP

Hi, Christian, i remember you from a couple of WSA case some month ago, the issue here its about i cannot regenerate a new certificate, i dont know if is a bug, but when i try to generate a new one, it do not appear and its keep the old one, so i want to delete this old one to geerate a new one.

Thanks

Do you receive any errors when you go to regenerate the certificiate?  Right now I do not know of any bugs, but I will look around to see if there is one.

Christian Rahl

There is no error, i press the "generate" button, then I put the parameters and press the aplly button and nothing happend, that all.

Are you on 7.5.0-833 currently?

Christian Rahl

Yes, I,m using that version, there something wrong with this version about certificates?

Having the same issue here, same version, was any workaround found??

Hello,

Can you try to change the name of the new cert to test while generating it and  once the changes have applied (do not commit the changes)you can revert back to the orginal name of the cert. I had a customer who had the same issue and once we changed the name of the new cert, it fixed the issue. Kindly try it and let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Puja

mahuen.soto
Level 1
Level 1

apparently this problems is solved in the 7.7 version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: