Views
Helpful
Replies

s160 Application Fault

ziadnazri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am new to Ironport and AsyncOS. Can anyone please help me to find out why I am getting this notification about my Ironport S160 Web Security?

The Critical message is:

An application fault occurred: ('journal/chunk.py unpack_header|113', "<class 'journal.exceptions.CorruptError'>", "CorruptError: Invalid chunk type: 'i'", '[event_router/event_router.py _read_events2|253] [journal/reader.py dequeue|68] [journal/base.py _with_lock|1010] [journal/reader.py _dequeue|83] [journal/base.py _read_chunk|289] [journal/chunk.py unpack_header|113]')

Last message occurred 361 times between Thu Oct 17 10:25:17 2013 and Thu Oct 17 11:25:43 2013.

Product: IronPort S160 Web Security Appliance

Model: S160

Version: 7.1.3-021

Help anyone.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I guess Improper shutdown of the S160, can lead to these type of error messages. Is your reporting database operational. You may also re-initialize the reporting db through the CLI  > diagnostic > reporting > disable/deletedb commands. In case you need help doing the same, please open a TAC case.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I guess Improper shutdown of the S160, can lead to these type of error messages. Is your reporting database operational. You may also re-initialize the reporting db through the CLI  > diagnostic > reporting > disable/deletedb commands. In case you need help doing the same, please open a TAC case.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

Thank you a lot Jatin Katyal. I reseted the DB. and now I hope those messages wont show again.