Views
Helpful
Replies

S160 Deployment in HA.

Rajan R
Level 1
Level 1

Hey People,

I am new to ironport, deploying two S160's. Does the 1st ironport push policies to the 2nd ironprt or does the policies needs to be created again on the 2nd one as well ? I could not find any documentations on this or "deploying in HA" in general, If there are any please point me towards it.  I am also facing problems on the wccp front, if someone could point me to that procedure as well ??

Thanks a lot. hoping a for a quick reply.

3 Replies 3

I used this when setting up WCCP with my ASA.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Borderless_Networks/Smart_Business_Architecture/H1CY11/SBA_Mid_BN_WebSecurityDeploymentGuide-H1CY11.pdf

Keep in mind that the outbound traffic from your users has to come through the same interface on the ASA that your WSA is on.  (ie.  you can't put the WSA in the DMZ and redirect to it via WCCP).

IIRC, setting up WCCP for multiple units is the same, but you need an 2 extra acls to keep traffic redirected to one WSA from being redirected to the other WSA.

http://ironport.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ironport.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1603&p_created=1278697344&p_sid=zzjbITyk&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=0&p_srch=1&p_lva=772&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MzA4LDMwOCZwX3By...

As far as configs go, I'm pretty sure you can export from one, and import to the other...

thanks for the ultra quick response, i will try that and update. Meanwhile if someone can throw some more light regarding HA it would be very helpfull.

hallvard.solem
Level 1
Level 1

You will need a management appliance, ie M160 to push policies to both S160s at the same time.

If you dont have a M-series appliance you have to create the polices two times.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: