Views
Helpful
Replies

S170 as default gateway

vialves
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello there.

Pretty simple question. I'm planning on using a S170 as a default gateway for a specific network. The topology is attached.

Can it be done or the S170 is not capable of handling protocols other than http?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Its not a firewall or router or switch...

Something that was done back in the day was a topology like yours, but on the same network ("passthrough").  That's not supported (I don't know if it ever actually was) and I don't think it works anymore...  Plus the cards they use don't fail open, so if something goes wrong with the box, the connection is severed...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Its not a firewall or router or switch...

Something that was done back in the day was a topology like yours, but on the same network ("passthrough").  That's not supported (I don't know if it ever actually was) and I don't think it works anymore...  Plus the cards they use don't fail open, so if something goes wrong with the box, the connection is severed...

Hey Ken,

Just as I suspected. We're planning on using this to supply a small guest network. I'll manage to use wccp or L4 redirection to get it working then.

Thanks for your time!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: