Views
Helpful
Replies

SMA high availability

Vishnu_RR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

I am new to SMA. We have two M395 appliance. lets say sma1 and sma2. We have 2 WSA S695 also (wsa1 and wsa2).

I have done high availability for both WSA and added both WSA to sma1. how can i utilize both sma1 and sma2 in terms of high availability.

i do not see any document for SMA HA. please guide me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hcombee
Level 1
Level 1

If you want high availablity for the WSA you can use CARP for IP failover, another option is an external loadbalancer if you can live degraded capacity during a failure of one of the devices. 

You perform al your policy changes on your SMA. When you want to publish your configuration master you select both WSA's, that way your policies stay equal on both devices. Remember that only the items from the configuration master column are pushed to the WSA's. Other sections of the config are unique to the devices.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Vishnu_RR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

could you please help here ?

hcombee
Level 1
Level 1

As far as I know there is no HA option for the SMA, you will have to make a backup schedule and import this to the backup machine in case of a failure of the first node.

Hi hcombee,

Thanks for your reply. How to restore the backup from SMA2(Secondary) to SMA1(Primary).

I will use SMA1 for WSA1 and WSA2 to reporting. If I do any config changes in WSA1, is that same config should be done at WSA2 also.(as i seen HA at WSA only for proxy interface but not for device).

hcombee
Level 1
Level 1

If you want high availablity for the WSA you can use CARP for IP failover, another option is an external loadbalancer if you can live degraded capacity during a failure of one of the devices. 

You perform al your policy changes on your SMA. When you want to publish your configuration master you select both WSA's, that way your policies stay equal on both devices. Remember that only the items from the configuration master column are pushed to the WSA's. Other sections of the config are unique to the devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: