Views
Helpful
Replies

Store different OS Versions on a WSA device

invalid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I migrated from Broadcom ProxySG to Cisco WSA.
The ProxySG had several partitions which could be used to preserve different OS versions on the device.
Therefore, I was able to select a partition at boot to switch between several OS Versions.

Is there a similar mechanism available for the WSA appliances?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

its like operating system only hold 1active  as per my knowledge. (but any one say more - happy to learn here).

but you can store locally different version  from your device (PC or any other mode to rstore)

more information can be find here :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/wsa/wsa11-0/user_guide/b_WSA_UserGuide/b_WSA_UserGuide_chapter_011000.html#con_1514729

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

its like operating system only hold 1active  as per my knowledge. (but any one say more - happy to learn here).

but you can store locally different version  from your device (PC or any other mode to rstore)

more information can be find here :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/wsa/wsa11-0/user_guide/b_WSA_UserGuide/b_WSA_UserGuide_chapter_011000.html#con_1514729

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

amojarra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No there is not such this option in WSA 

there is a revert facility in WSA which will remove your configurations and will remove some files 

it holds the upgrade path of your WSA, in case you want to rollback to previous version you can run this command 

and also in case you want to jump back to the latest version you have to upgrade again.

the link  which balaji.bandi shared will gave you more details about REVERT command, 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++   If you find this answer helpful, please rate it as such  ++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++