Views
Helpful
Replies

WCCP problems then the htmlpage redirect to other site

michaeljensen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a stange problem with or wccp redirect to or Ironport S370.

If the site redirect to an other url, the redirect don't work and the browser returns a "Page can't be displayed" messages.

The problem is only present then i use wccp if i use proxy settings in my browser the sites redirect as normal.

I use the following wccp command on or Catalyst 6509     

ip wccp web-cache redirect-list Ironport-redirect group-list 9 password xxxxx accelerated

access-list 9 permit <Ironport IP>

ip access-list extended Ironport-redirect
deny   tcp any 10.0.0.0 0.255.255.255 eq www
deny   tcp any 172.16.0.0 0.15.255.255 eq www
deny   tcp any 192.168.0.0 0.0.255.255 eq www
permit tcp any any eq www

ip wccp web-cache redirect in (on user vlan interface)

The Ironport is configured as follow

Load-Balancing Method: Allow Mask Only

Forwarding Method: Allow L2 only

Return Method: Allow L2 only

Any one have a solution ?

2 Replies 2

Erik Kaiser
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

You will need to get a packet capture from the WSA and client pc when testing the URL or URLs which are failing.

In order to obtain a simultaneous packet capture from the WSA & PC you will need to log into the GUI ->Support and Help -> Packet Capture -> Edit Settings -> Select the radial button No Filter.Please send me a packet capture from the WSA unfiltered. Please name it WSA.pcap. Also name the client packet capture in the same format  adding client in the name of the capture. Provide me with the IP address of the WSA and the client PC your testing from. You will need to install wireshark on the PC or laptop you are testing from. It is a good idea to start the wireshark program from the PC first.  Also you will need to provide the URLs you are testing with.

Upload these to files to:

ftp.ironport.com

username: erik

password: ironport

Kind regards, 

Erik Kaiser
WSA CSE
WSA Cisco Forums Moderator

Sincerely, Erik Kaiser WSA CSE WSA Cisco Forums Moderator

Hi Erik

I have uploaded the WSA.pcap and client.pcap to the FTP server.

The IP's uses is.

WSA: 10.100.111.80

Client: 10.200.155.27

The test website is www.pbs.dk (It redirects to "http://www.nets.eu/dk-da/Pages/default.aspx") actualy it seams to have nothing to do with the redirect becourse i get the same "Page can not be displayed" if i access the "http://www.nets.eu/dk-da/Pages/default.aspx" url directly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: