cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WSA TLS Support

Sakun Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone any idea when is Cisco planning to add TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 support for IronPort WSA AsyncOS?

Thanks,

Sakun

24 Replies 24

any news if this TLS 1.2 begin to support for IronPort WSA 

It has been available since 9.0.1...

Thanks. Sorry to ask. I could not find the document stating that. I cant find it in release note as well.

Version 9.01 Build 161 is now showing up as an upgrade on my appliance as a GD release.  Will be upgrading shortly and hoping it has fixed the bugs that were still in 9.01 Build 135. 

If you don't see it on your appliance you can probably contact TAC and have them enable you for the new version.

Thanks, but i don't think they are adding TLS support in it. Lets see.

Regards,
Sakun

Has anyone heard anything about when v.9 is coming out and if it will support TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2?

Thanks.

I was in the beta, it will do TLS1.1 and TLS1.2

I don't have a date...

I just found this and it's been in limited release since September 29th so maybe soon.

What’s New in Cisco AsyncOS 9.0

TLS/SSL Configuration For enhanced security, you can now enable and disable SSL v3 and various versions of TLS for several services. Disabling SSL v3 for all services is recommended for best security. You also can enable a protocol fallback option. Note Cisco’s Update servers do not support SSL v3, therefore TLS 1.0 or above must be enabled for the Cisco Update service. However, SSL v3 can still be used with a local update server, if it is so configured—you must determine which versions of SSL/TLS are supported on that server.

Handy Putra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AsyncOS version 9.0 is available in FCS release now and can be manually provision to WSA appliance by request.

This version support TLS 1.1 and 1.2 now.

To get this version, need to open TAC case and request to manually provision this version to your WSA serial number

Gary Geihsler
Level 4
Level 4

I was looking for this same answer for a client and found in the release notes for AsyncOS 9.6 that TLS 1.2 is supported as of that version. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/esa/esa9-6/ESA_9-6_Release_Notes.pdf