Views
Helpful
Replies

About migration from I AM to Webex installation problem

Rithmatist
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am trying to install Webex for some costumers and after I installed Webex, it doesn't open the application.

And I can't really figure it out why it's not working..

Also, at some costumers devices after installation when I click on "Open Webex" It doesn't know how to open the "webex-link",
exact message: "You need a new app to open this webex link" and I get the option to pick an app from the microsoft store.

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-28 144719.jpg

Any suggestions why this is happening or how I can solve Webex? 

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

After some testing, using older version of Webex works fine... Hope this will be fixed in later updates..

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

EdmondsM12
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Rithmatist,

I have run into this same issue.  If you go to webex.com/downloads, scroll to the bottom of the page.   You will see other operating system, click the download and select you Windows version.  This will download the msi file for you. 

Hope this help.

After some testing, using older version of Webex works fine... Hope this will be fixed in later updates..

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

The screen looks a bit unfamiliar, are you sure all components are installed correctly and no customer security scanners or so have tampered the setup?

Can you see any Webex/CiscoCollabHost processes in the task manager if the window is not present after the start?