cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Active Status Details

sully213
Level 1
Level 1

I knew it was inevitable and today was the day. I got asked on how to see user activity details regarding Webex's active status reporting. I already know that Webex is not a good indicator of if someone is active/busy/working but I'd like to have a document I can point to rather than just saying that's how it is. Does such a thing exist? How does Webex track if I'm active or not? Maybe I have Webex open in one Window and I'm playing a game in the other, that would show me as active, right? Or I'm using pen and paper to do something not on the computer, so though I'm working I will still show as inactive.

Anyway, this isn't for me but a VP asked so it's just up to me to find the official answer. Thanks

2 Replies 2

I am not sure if this meet  your requirement or not. But  Have a look on the below link.

https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/wghlt5/-Webex-|-See-People's-Availability

Response Signature

I saw that but I don't think it's what he's after. I think he wants to know what constitutes activity and how often it reports it or something like that. In my own testing I was seeing "Away" status kicking in after anywhere from 5 to 11:30 minutes. Any keyboard or mouse movement brought me back to Active.

I'm just going to leave it at that and move on with my day, but in the meantime if anyone knows where I can find more details please drop the link here.