Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow Video Systems to Join Meetings

Sydd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

How can I automatically grant the privilege to join meetings from video systems for every users that we create by using the API in our organisation ?

When a user is created, we apply a licence template. This template has not changed, but since 25th of November, all users are granted with this privilege. That's annoying because we deploy several Room Kit on the campus, and the goal is to permit user to use them for their meetings.

Sincerely,
Valéry

3 Replies 3

mtabrez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

if you are referring to XML APIs there is a parameter to enable CMR https://developer.cisco.com/docs/webex-xml-api-reference-guide/#!createuser/createuser

Another way is to enable a setting in the backend to have CMR enabled by default for new users by submitting a request to your CSM.

Regards

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, I finally found the parameter I'm interested with.

But now, the goal is to eventually update a user who is not granted with "isEnableCET" privilege. The request GetUser works like a charm, so I can verifiy if a user has this privilege.

If I send a SetUser command like this :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<serv:message xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
	<header>
		<securityContext>
			<webExID>admin ID</webExID>
            <password></password>
            <siteName>univ-poitiers</siteName>
            <sessionTicket>{{session_ticket}}</sessionTicket>
		</securityContext>
	</header>
	<body>
		<bodyContent xsi:type="java:com.webex.service.binding.user.SetUser">
			<webExId>user's ID</webExId>

<privilege>
				<isEnableCET>true</isEnableCET>
			</privilege>

</bodyContent>
	</body>
</serv:message>

the server answers that everything is ok, but when doing a GetUser again I can see that the user has not been granted with this privilege.

SSO is enabled on our site, I read that it could be the problem.

Sincerely

mtabrez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

The XML API reference I provided/User Service XML API is not supported with control hub managed sites. 

However I would suggest you dropping a mail at devsupport@webex.com or consider the alternative I suggested in my previous reply.

Regards