cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bloccare gli utenti alla sola chat

maria Ti
Level 1
Level 1

Come faccio ad autorizzare solo due relatori ea bloccare tutti gli altri utenti in modo che possono partecipare solo con testi in chat ? Non volendo che si crei confusione, ho bisogno di limitare al minimo le discussioni. Grazie

2 Accepted Solutions

Hi Maria,

I see two options:

(1) You continue using Webex Meetings
- You can disable the possibility for other participants to share content (in the menu you select "Participant > Anyone Can Share"). This means that only the host can present or the host can give the Presenter-role to one of the other attendees when needed.
- You can automatically mute all participants: in the menu you select "Participant > Mute on Entry"
Important remark: participants can still unmute themselves and will then be heard by all participants when talking. In the upcoming Webex version 40.10 we will introduce the "hard mute"-capability, where participants can only be unmuted by the host.

(2) You use Webex Events instead of Webex Meetings
With Webex Events you have different roles: panelist can present, talk, etc... while attendees can only listen to the panelists. Attendees will always be muted on entry and can only be unmuted by the host.
More info about Webex Events: https://help.webex.com/ld-7srxjs-CiscoWebexEvents/Webex-Events

Thanks,
Goswin

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Yesterday I held the very problematic session using Webex Events. Needless to say, despite the anxieties of using a new application (I have always used Meetings) it went very well: beyond all expectations. Having 900 guests, I found the preparation of the session more complex due to the need to prepare the lists manually on the csv sheets (a copy and paste is enough on Meetings) but, at work, the difference is substantial: no noise, total control of the session. Users also liked the difference. The next step will be to understand how to organize, within the Events, discussion groups - up to 50 users - in which everyone can talk to each other as in Meetings. I will do this over the weekend. Thanks again for the tip it was crucial.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks Cole!

Maria, could you provide a couple of clarifications:
- Is your question related to Webex Meetings or Webex Events?
- "block all other users": what do you want to block for all users, except the two presenters?

Thanks,

Goswin

Response Signature

<meta charset="UTF-8" />

I have a meeting but  i like Onlus 2 speakers, the others no. Can i convert an webex meeting in a conference?

Hi Maria,

I see two options:

(1) You continue using Webex Meetings
- You can disable the possibility for other participants to share content (in the menu you select "Participant > Anyone Can Share"). This means that only the host can present or the host can give the Presenter-role to one of the other attendees when needed.
- You can automatically mute all participants: in the menu you select "Participant > Mute on Entry"
Important remark: participants can still unmute themselves and will then be heard by all participants when talking. In the upcoming Webex version 40.10 we will introduce the "hard mute"-capability, where participants can only be unmuted by the host.

(2) You use Webex Events instead of Webex Meetings
With Webex Events you have different roles: panelist can present, talk, etc... while attendees can only listen to the panelists. Attendees will always be muted on entry and can only be unmuted by the host.
More info about Webex Events: https://help.webex.com/ld-7srxjs-CiscoWebexEvents/Webex-Events

Thanks,
Goswin

Response Signature

I was thinking of that "hard mute" feature, where participants can only be woken by the host. I am very pleased that it will be activated in the next version of Webex 40.10. For someone like me who has very unruly users, it's really useful. In the meantime, I try using Webex Events in the hope that it will better meet my needs. What to say? Your answer was truly enlightening. Thank you

@maria Ti, let us know if Webex Events meets your needs!

Goswin

Response Signature

Yesterday I held the very problematic session using Webex Events. Needless to say, despite the anxieties of using a new application (I have always used Meetings) it went very well: beyond all expectations. Having 900 guests, I found the preparation of the session more complex due to the need to prepare the lists manually on the csv sheets (a copy and paste is enough on Meetings) but, at work, the difference is substantial: no noise, total control of the session. Users also liked the difference. The next step will be to understand how to organize, within the Events, discussion groups - up to 50 users - in which everyone can talk to each other as in Meetings. I will do this over the weekend. Thanks again for the tip it was crucial.

Hi @maria Ti ,

Thanks for the sharing this update with us, really appreciated! Happy to hear that the session went well (certainly taking into account the first time usage and the time pressure you had)

Regarding the preparation of the Webex Event: it is not mandatory to send the invitations via Webex by uploading a CSV file with the details of all participants. If you prefer, you can deselect the "Registration: Required" and just schedule the event without creating an invitation list for the attendees. Once you have clicked on the "Schedule this Event"-button,  you click on "Send Later" on the "Send Events Email"-page. On the next page you will then just get the URL of the Webex Event that you can copy/paste and share via Outlook (email or calendar invite) to all participants.
Webex_Events.png

By doing this you can easily share the Webex link with all participants.

Regarding your session with 50 participants: if you want to have an interactive session (where everybody can easily talk and see each other), then I would recommend to continue using Webex Meetings. In Webex Meetings you can also use the newly introduced "Breakout rooms" to split the audience in smaller work groups.
And, as mentioned previously, with version 40.10 you will have the "hard mute" capability in order to have a better control of the microphone of the participants.

Hope this helps,
Goswin

Response Signature

Great. I just need one final clarification. After an important meeting I downloaded the chat content but forgot to archive it. After a couple of days I can't find it anymore. Is it possible, after a few days, to retrieve the content of a chat directly from the platform?

<meta charset="UTF-8" />

I have onky 8 hours to find a soluzioni. 

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In English:

"How do I allow only two presenters and block all other users so that they can only participate with texts in chat? Not wanting to get confused, I need to keep discussions to a minimum. Thank you."

Response Signature

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Would it be possible to ask your question in English? Thanks

Response Signature