Views
Helpful
Replies

Call control issue with Webex Teams via TAPI/JTAPI

cpatti976
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning everybody,

i'm having a strange issue when i place a call using TAPIs from a CTI controlled Webex Teams device.

When the call is places though the API 'lineMakeCall', my Webex Teams applications opens so many call popups my OS becomes unresponsive for a while, making it very hard for me to hang up.
Regardless of what it may seem, from TAPI events perspective, only one call is placed.

This behavior differs slightly when trying the same procedure on other Webex Teams installations.
I tried three more devices and the result was the following: first device had no issue at all, while second and third one had the call popup shown about five-six times before seeing them close automatically, leaving the "original" one in foreground.
All Webex Teams version are the same as mine.

Same issue was confirmed when using JTAPIs instead of TAPIs.

No issues whatsoever regarding inbound calls or placing the call directly from Webex Teams.

My environment:

CUCM v. 11.5.1.14900-11
Webex Teams v. 40.10.1.16961 registered direcly on CUCM (no MRA involved)
Cisco TSP v. 11.5(2.0)
TAPI Browser v 1.1

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open TAPI Browser and invoke 'lineInitialize'. At this time, all application users devices will be available
2. Invoke 'lineOpen' using the correct device ID. Use 'dwMediaModes' flag 0x4 (INTERACTIVEVOICE) and dwPrivileges flag 0x6 (MONITOR and OWNER)
3. Invoke 'lineMakeCall' using a valid destination address, which may be another directory number or a number to dial over the PSTN

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Manuel

1 Reply 1

cpatti976
Level 1
Level 1

For some reason i think i started this topi on the blog section, which i think it's the wrong one.

To the moderators, please move it to the correct one or feel free to delete it so i can repost it.

Sorry about that