Views
Helpful
Replies

Cancel Webex meeting

deblyn914
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I tried to cancel a previous webex invite that is replaced with a new one but it's still showing on everyone's calendars.  It's no longer on my calendar (which I forwarded from the webex scheduling) and it's no longer on the webex scheduled meetings.  Do folks have to manually delete the invite I forwarded?

1 Accepted Solution

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am just guessing:
If you and all your invitees are on the same e.g. Exchange-Server (= same company), the event of deleting the meeting from your outlook-calendar should be propagated to the other participants - regardless if its a webex-meeting or not.

And even if your guests are all individual people with their own Mail- and Calendar-Servers somewhere in the world: Webex does send cancellation-messages to every participant. If they read and "accept" the cancellation, the event will be deleted from their calendars. That´s no webex-specific process.

In other words: as far as I know, Calendar-Tools require the user to actively confirm the deletion of a meeting from their calendar.

kind regards

Fritz

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am just guessing:
If you and all your invitees are on the same e.g. Exchange-Server (= same company), the event of deleting the meeting from your outlook-calendar should be propagated to the other participants - regardless if its a webex-meeting or not.

And even if your guests are all individual people with their own Mail- and Calendar-Servers somewhere in the world: Webex does send cancellation-messages to every participant. If they read and "accept" the cancellation, the event will be deleted from their calendars. That´s no webex-specific process.

In other words: as far as I know, Calendar-Tools require the user to actively confirm the deletion of a meeting from their calendar.

kind regards

Fritz