Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing display name of a member in my WebEx Team application

jsures12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

if the user details are picked by Active Directory, is it possible to change the display name of a user/member in my WebEx Team Application? If I have two persons with same name I want to rename one person's display name to his nick name.

3 Replies 3

SusieT
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

edit: Just now seeing that this was for Webex Teams, not meetings. Leaving the comment anyway. TGIF!

Beginning in 40.6.2 release, guest users will be able to edit their name from the preview window. In a future release, licensed users will be able to make this change also. Note: This is the pre-meeting experience, not after you're already in the meeting. I'm not sure if that feature is being worked on actively, but I do know it is a feature request in the queue.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/xcwws1/What-s-New-for-the-Latest-Versions-of-Webex-Meetings#id_136679

@SusieT,

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but please make sure that the "change display name" for registered users is a Control Hub manageable option.  We don't want licensed users that are sync'd via AD to be changing their names in Webex Meetings/Events/Trainings hosted in our ORG.  It would be OK to change their name if they join a Meeting hosted by another ORG.   

We have a "preferred name" policy that the user needs to follow that is driven by our identity management system and propagates their preferred name across dozens of systems.  Webex is not the system of record for our user's names and thus the user should not be able to modify it via any mechanism within Webex.  Like it is now in that the user can't change their Webex profile name (display or first/last) or email address.

Thanks.

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

It is not possible to change display name of someone else in your Webex Teams Applications. I have posted this suggestion to Cisco Team.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.