cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco, not proud of your product?

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is lot´s of video-conferencing used these days in media.
(I pretty sure it´s even more in the US than in Europe....)

One of the very rare occasions to come across Webex in "european" media is this:
image.png
But why is the name of the product ("Webex") written in such a thin, hard to read font
whereas "Cisco" is colored and bold?

(it may be less of an issue in HD but CNN-HD is not offered free-to-air in Europe via satellite..)

I guess, there is some room for improvement...

kind regards
Fritz

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looking at that screenshot, I'd say it was more an issue with what CNN is overlaying over the top of the screen rather than anything that Cisco / Webex is doing.  So it's what CNN are presenting, and they're the ones that aren't being "proud" of the products they are showing. 

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

@Wayne DeNardi 
Thanks for your reply.

I am convinced that Cisco has a certain influence on CNN about how this "Logo" is shown.
Someone must have told them what the Cisco Corp.Design for Webex looks like:
image.png
As far as I remember, this "tag" for interviews using another software does not say "Via Microsoft Skype" but just "Via Skype":
image.png

I would suggest to remove "Cisco" from the notification and just write "Webex" in a bold font.
The Corporate Design-Police at Cisco will not like that, but in the end it´s more important
that people see the name of the product they want to buy.

This Video (https://youtu.be/Y2QyNmRPjRA?t=28) shows two things:
1. the CNN-"Webex-Logo" does work
2. people are confused about Meetings vs. Teams. (Cisco really need to hurry up merging both into one product!)

kind regards
Fritz