Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Webex - Delay in Audio Connection (approximately 1 min 30) - Workaround

SCOTT MILLER
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I was recently assisting a customer with a problem that I've seen on and off over the last year or so, with the Cisco Webex client.

Intermittently, when the customer was joining the meetings - when connecting the PC audio (using for example, their headset) the icon would spin for approximately 1 minute 30, and then eventually connect.

After working with Cisco TAC, they identified via traces that the WPAD (Web Proxy Auto-Discovery) protocol was impacting the customers' audio connection speed. By disabling this, the delay disappeared.

To disable this, per machine (or via Group Policy or other means) just go to:

- Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > Untick 'Automatically detect settings'

Thought I'd post this workaround (still yet to ascertain the true cause) - since when searching the Internet for this problem, there is next to nothing documented.

Would be good to hear if anyone else has experienced this problem too, or if this has helped anyone!

Regards
Scott

5 Replies 5

himanshugupta
Level 1
Level 1

I see this thread was created in 2019, but I am facing this issue in 2021 end. And it was driving me crazy full year. Your work around fixed the issue for me. I tested it once, hope this issue is fixed permanently with this work around. 

bhwaykol
Level 1
Level 1

I have similar problem since I started using the Jabra U65 headset. Since I use Firefox to connect Webex, I am trying to figure out similar setting  "Automatically Detect Setting" as in Internet Explorer

Use internet explorer to disable setting. It is not available in firefox.

astaton
Level 1
Level 1

We just started experiencing this issue about 2 weeks ago. Your fix has worked on everyone we've tried with so far. Thanks for posting this!

herhodes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you for contributing!

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.