cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cross waffle patterns - how to get rid of them?

Samir Z.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I am taking part in organizing an online conference, and we chose to use Webex. During our tests with participants in Webex Meetings, we noticed that some of our users have "cross waffle patterns" when sharing the screen, i.e. when they share the screen, there where their Webex panels are, we see grayish rectangles. These rectangles cover parts of the speakers presentation.

I found an article about these:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX000024812/Cross-Waffle-Patterns-While-Sharing-Application-or-Desktop-on-Windows-8-or-10

From what it says there, it is normal behaviour - like those are shadows of the interface or something. However, not all users have this issue, only some of them. I noticed it with both, presenters with Windows 8 and Windows 10. So, is there something we could do about these rectangles? If there is nothing we could do about it in the settings of Webex, then is there at least something we could do in presenter's operative system settings, or something like that?

1 Reply 1

rikardkrvaric
Spotlight
Spotlight

Yes, if you are sharing an application, lets say PowerPoint, the Webex windows will be blocked out, because you are not sharing it.

This is normal behavior.

If you share your SCREEN (not just an application), the windows will clear, and you will not see them, nor will the participants.

It is possible your participants are sharing application vs screen.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.