Views
Helpful
Replies

Deactivate a user in consumer org to add it in the Control Hub

md4ri097
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

my problem is I need to migrate the Webex Site Administration to Control Hub for a costumer, one of the user with administration right has already a Webex account with company e-mail but it's registered in the "consumer" org.

We know the best way would be to verify the domain and claim the user but the costumer won't verify the domain, as we know the only way to claim is that.

Someone already had this kind of problem? I'm thinking about deactivate the Webex account of the user and then recreate an user in Control Hub with the same email, we know that the user will lost all the data as schedules, message etc...

There is a better way to get the user in the Control Hub? Or should I go for the deactivate and add it inside the Control Hub of the right org?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Jose Nerio
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I second that. Webex support can help you to move the account. Just know that content migration is not supported between Webex clusters. Currently, the free Webex (Consumer) organization is provisioned in the PROD (US-A) cluster.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

willwilljack389
Level 1
Level 1

To resolve the issue, deactivate the user's consumer account and create a new one in the desired Control Hub organization. This ensures proper management within the organization's structure.

Jose Nerio
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I second that. Webex support can help you to move the account. Just know that content migration is not supported between Webex clusters. Currently, the free Webex (Consumer) organization is provisioned in the PROD (US-A) cluster.

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

I think your path of least resistance would be to open a case with the Webex team.  They can do some things behind the scenes for you.
Contact Us - Webex Help Center