cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploy of new Video Mesh node

dgonzalez1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm trying to deploy a new video mesh node on a VM of an esxi server.
I downloaded the image from Webex Control Hub --> Services --> Hybrid --> Webex Video Mesh --> Configuration --> Help --> Software --> Full softwre image.
And the documentation also from the link provided there.
What I find is that the steps I get when I deploy the OVF template are not the same that the documentation says. The documentations says the steps should be:
- Select a name and folder.
- Configuration.
- Select storage.
- Select networks.
- Customize template.
- Ready to Complete.

And what I get is:
- Name and location.
- Deplyment Configuration.
- Disk Format.
- Network mapping.
- Ready to Complete.

Some of the configurable items are similar in every page, but since there is no 'Customize template' page I can't configure the network settings. If I complete the installation anyway the VM is created but with no network configuration.
If after that I right click on the VM and choose 'Eddit settings' I get a popup saying that I have restricted editing capabilities on a virtual machine of version 9 or higher using this client and that I should use the vSphere Web Cliente. However, if I browse the Vmware address from a browser I reach a page saying that I should use the vSphere Client to access the host.
The esxi host is version 6.0.0 and the vSphere cliente I'm using is also version 6.0.0.

There is another Video Mesh node already installed on an esxi server of the same characteristics and version in which I also get the restricted editing capabilities popup, but it was correctly installed somehow in the past.

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

omettam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

My recommendation is to go thru this video, as they give you a walkthru on how to deploy the OVF/OVA file via ESXI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9CbcVm2esA

This video will demonstrate the video mesh installation process from downloading the ova to the registration. After watching this video, the viewer will understand what the basic installation process involves.