cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can a non-host record a meeting if host does not attend?

PKWagner
Level 1
Level 1

In the past, I thought all I needed to do is to put the person on as a resource when I set up the meeting but recently that does not seem to work.  I scheduled a series of meetings and cannot attend them all so I need someone in the meeting to record it but even though he's listed as a Resource he does not have the Record option.  Do they need to sign in with the Host key to be able to record?

10 Replies 10

You should be able to assign someone else in the meeting as a Co-Host. That should get that person or persons the same opinions as an Host.

Response Signature

BGR
Spotlight
Spotlight

Give the Resource the host code, then once they are in the meeting, they can go to "Participants" on the top menu bar and at the bottom of that panel, they can "reclaim host role" with the host code. Once they are host, they can start the recording.

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

If the host of a meeting is not attending the meeting, the current host of that meeting has the Record option available.  If you were in the meeting with the other person or someone else was the host, they would not see the Record option.   

FYI, the recording is stored with the person who "owns" the meeting, not who ever the current host is.  

Response Signature

Unfortunately, this is not happening tho.  I have someone on my team set up as Resource when I created the meeting and he will join showing CoHost but there is no record option for him.

You mention that the person that needs to Record the meeting is joining as a CoHost so they will not be able to record the meeting.  Only the "Host" has access to the Record button.

Response Signature

And I do understand that but my question remains - how do I make someone the host when I will not be in the meeting to do the recording?

I recommend that you select the option "let me select co-host" when scheduling the meeting, invite that person and click on their name after they've been added as an invitee and select "make Co-host."  Since you won't be in the meeting, when they join the meeting they will automatically become the Host of the meeting. As the host of the meeting, they will be able to record the meeting.

Response Signature

Perfect!  Thanks!  Is this different than making someone a "Resource"?  I see in my settings that when I assign Andrew as a Resource it's setting him up as a cohost as you've noted above but he still notes that he does not have the record option.  I wonder if this has to do with him joining via Webex Teams??

I believe the "Resource" setting you're referring to is when you schedule the meeting using Outlook.  A resource is considered a room or piece of equipment like a Webex DeskPro.  

Andrew will always be listed as a co-host for any scheduled meetings.  He won't be assigned the Host role until he joins the meeting and you are not in the meeting with him.  There is no way to pre-assign him as Host.  Webex manages this for you once the meeting begins.

Response Signature

See https://help.webex.com/n62735y/ for further reasons why you cannot record a meeting. For instance, if the regular host as re-joined the meeting or if there has another co-host already the host role..