cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How long until Device Status shows "Expired"

orlandoguy82
Level 1
Level 1

Device status in Webex Control Hub can be Online, Online with Issues, Offline, or Expired. I have a customer who keeps endpoints stored for occasional use and they remain off. Due to the sensitive nature of their business, they want them completely powered down and the endpoints are on mobile carts as well. When they expire they need to be reactivated again and this is frustrating. I see an older forum post this takes place after 60 days but I cannot find this in official documentation and if there is a way to change this duration to something longer. 

How long does a device have to remain offline before changing to Expired?

Is it the same for all devices?

Can this be edited to be a longer duration?

Can a link be supplied to this information?

Thank you,

Jeremy 

3 Replies 3

jdigregorio13
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco documentation states the device status will change to "Expired" in 30 or 60 days of continuous offline status.  This is not helpful. Is it 30 or 60 days?  We have a mobile Emergency Operations Center that is only powered up in the event of an emergency.  It would be helpful to know exactly how often they need to set up the mobile EOC to prevent the expired status on the included phones, and schedule it accordingly.

compton18
Level 1
Level 1

Were you able to work around this issue?

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Its either 30 or 60 days and cannot be extended.

In the last week, you should also see the alert 'soontobedeactivated' which should show how many days left until it is deactivated.

Device credentials will soon expire
This device has been offline for several weeks. Bring the device online within [expireInDays] days to avoid losing its Cisco Webex activation.