cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to add multiple video devices under one place on Webex control hub

JJ77
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts-I am involved in a PoC with registering on prem video codecs to Cisco Webex Teams Cloud.

While registering a set of devices from one location (say Japan), is there an option on webex control hub of creating a place called "XXXXX Japan " and then adding set of video codecs that are registered to Cisco Webex teams cloud from Japan ?

Basically i would like to group or create video conference devices based on their location 

To be more clear, i would like to create a place called Japan and then add 7 video codecs under it followed by creating another location say United Kingdom and then add corresponding video codecs under it 

As of now i see an option of adding a device under Existing User -"" Personal Usage "or Place "Shared Usage". I have already tried creating a place called Japan but it does not come up in search while selecting Shared usage

2 Replies 2

JJ77
Level 1
Level 1

Just got off call with Cisco TAC and so far they don't have this feature on control hub.Though the TAC engineer agreed that "Shared Place"does implicate a location and he agreed to take this as a feature request in upcoming release

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

At this time it is not possible to configure Webex devices in folder like structure like you mentioned. Each place has its own Webex Services and SIP URI Address and it is not possible to associate Multiple Devices with Single Place. My recommendation is define your naming conventions for places (such as Japan.<Bldg><room#>) and add them in Webex Control Hub accordingly.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.