cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to merge teams

wilchung
Level 1
Level 1

i have a team in spark that only has a single room "General". 

And I am trying to combine this room into another team and rename

it as a sub spark room under the new team room I am trying to

ccombine into.

I tried making single sole moderator myself first and attempt

to unlock the room. But it tells me that I cannot unlock due

to common moderator in room as well as team.

is there a better way to merge or combine teams its

associated rooms?

thanks

4 Replies 4

dhergert
Level 1
Level 1

@keglass  Has there been any progress on this? I don't think people realize the implications (and limitations) of a General Space in a Team.  I so far have been unable to find a way to merge teams or move a General space (essentially disbanding a existing Team) to another Team.  Right now you have to abandon a General space and lose the conversation history if you want to move the discussion to a different Team.

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

Have you seen this article in the Cisco Spark Support Community?

Cisco Spark | Create a Cisco Spark Team and Add People...

Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities

Dear Kelli,

Thank you for the link. I just read through the link you have provided. However, it still doesn't help to accomplish what I want to do. Basically, I have a manager that created multiple teams under one single project.  Let's say that project is called "Project K" and he has created 2 separate Team Rooms.  One called "Project K Software" and the other one "Project K Hardware".  The various team members were added but they are mutually exclusive (Software people and Hardware people), and they have started conversations and all the conversations are in "GENERAL" under each of the team rooms "Project K Software" and "Project K Hardware".  The manager's intention originally is to put these two "TEAMS" under one single "SPACE" or "ROOM" but he or she really didn't understand the concept of Spark "TEAM" and "ROOM" or "SPACE" at the time when he or she is creating these.  Now, we want to keep the records/conversations and merge these two "TEAMS" (Project K Software and Project K Hardware) under one single team called "Project K".  However, there lies the rub.  I do not know how to merge these two teams with all the records of conversations under their corresponding "GENERAL" (created default when you have create a TEAM and don't have rooms or spaces created underneath it.  My challenge is to merge these two teams under one roof and keep the records/conversations.

Thanks, Wilson

Wilson,

Let me talk to the Spark experts and have one chime in with a response.

Kelli