Views
Helpful
Replies

Join webex meeting without host

Anwar Safian
Level 1
Level 1

Hi expert

How can attendee join webex without host join the meeting?

As a admin, I have a webex account. Every time employee want to have a meeting, they will ask me to create a meeting for them.

I just want to create a room for them, without I join the meeting.

Is that possible?

6 Replies 6

Luis Lizarraga
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anwar,

I think that the solution for your need is as follows.

As an administrator, you can allow hosts to designate a cohost or an alternate host in Webex Meetings and Webex Events. Hosts can then have that person or a video system user start the meeting in their place if they’re running late or can’t attend.

Please consider that only Webex host account holders on your site can be designated as a cohost or alternate host.

For more details on how to do proceed, depending on if you manage your webex site from the Site admin page or from the Control hub page:

https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/2lrm1k/Allow-Users-to-Choose-an-Alternate-Host-or-a-Cohost-on-Your-Webex-Site

I hope the above details are helpful and clarifying.

Best Regards

Hi Luis

So host cannot appoint guest as cohost right?

Because Zoom has this feature, admin create a room, then give the url room to everyone using whatapps etc, then everybody can join it although admin doesn't join it and everybody are guest who doesn't have Zoom account.

Hope Cisco will make this feature available.

Webex does the same, Host schedule  the meeting and Send the meeting invitation through  mail. But if you want to share the URL by WhatsApp, You can copy the URL and share it .Using the shared link,Participants join the meeting .

So host cannot appoint guest as cohost right? No. Host can make   guest  a cohost.

Cohost can be assigned from the scheduling page . Or the Host can make some one as a cohost  during the meetings. 

Different Cohost settings  are available under the scheduling options.

Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 9.01.18 AM.png

From  attendee list you can assign a cohost.

Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 6.04.02 PM.png

Response Signature

Hi Nithin

Thanks for you reply.

However, in Cohost setting as you shown above, I can see only person who has Webex account with this site(so it means my company webex account), only can be cohost.

The zoom feature, regardless has account or not, regardless all person that join the meeting is guest, can join the meeting without me to join/involve/open the room.

Is setting you show above can do like that?

If you use Personal Meeting Room (PMR) to schedule the meeting I think that you would get the same meeting experience as what you describe.

Response Signature

Cohost  is the feature what you are looking for.

https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/n1bqkbv/Add-cohosts-for-Webex-Meetings-and-Webex-Events-(new)

Response Signature