cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Renewing SSO Certificate with Cisco's self-signed cert

sully213
Level 1
Level 1

We're coming up on the expiry of our SP cert in Control Hub for SSO. This will be the first time we're renewing it and in the time since it was first implemented, Cisco has now begun offering their 5-year self-signed cert for this. In discussing this with the team lead, he asked the question about the end-user experience while using Webex on a personal device. If we go forward with using the self-signed cert instead of providing our own cert signed by a public CA, will the end user need to install something extra on their devices to "trust" this self-signed cert or will it just seamlessly work?

I'm following the info here as a guide, but do not see anything expanding into this level of detail.

Thanks all!

1 Accepted Solution

EdmondsM12
Spotlight
Spotlight

sully213, 

I have just updated my SP cert in CH, I can confirm that the users do not need to add anything to trust the self-signed cert. 

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

EdmondsM12
Spotlight
Spotlight

sully213, 

I have just updated my SP cert in CH, I can confirm that the users do not need to add anything to trust the self-signed cert. 

Hope this helps

EdmondsM12
Spotlight
Spotlight

sully213,

I usually just use the Cisco certification, this is a less secure option but I have not had any issues with users needing to have anything added to their machines. 

Hope this helps