cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Security Setting: Allow attendee to join meetings from a Webex node in another enterprise

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3

In site settings there is a security setting labled "Allow attendee to join meetings from a Webex node in another enterprise".  Can anyone tell me exactly what this does.  It is currently disabled but other companies still join my meetings as attendees.  I'm not looking to exclude them but just wondering what this is specifically designed to do.

1 Reply 1

Igor Lukic
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Matt,

in my opinion the setting "Allow attendee to join meetings from a Webex node in another enterprise" is related to the Video Mesh Node (on-premises virtual machine, that terminates media to Webex). Normally the Video Mesh Node (VMN) is used on-premises to terminate media towards the enterprises Webex sites locally and thus optimise bandwidth usage. With the above setting checked, you can allow Video Mesh Nodes from other to access Webex meetings of your enterpise. In the past this had not been possible, i.e. VMNs could only be used within the own enterprise site.

Unfortunately there is not official documentation about the above setting (or at least I have not been able to find it).

Best regards

Igor

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.