cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Share content optimized for video (with audio) in Webex Events? Is it ever going to come?

Clinton Vadnais
Level 1
Level 1

The lack of this function is making Events nearly unusable for my company. Does anyone know if this is coming? The share video option is also really lacking. It appears to be built with an old video engine. It's 4:3 aspect by default and videos come up at letterboxed for attendees and have no good way of being maximized on their displays. Especially on 16:10 and 16:9 displays.

4 Replies 4

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good news! It's coming very soon... This will be possible in the new Webex Events 2.0 (available in public beta on version 41.4 and in production on version 41.5)
More info about this new Webex Events is available here (slides, recording of the session and Q&A): https://community.cisco.com/t5/announcements/the-all-new-webex-events-public-roadmap-session/m-p/4308530

Response Signature

You make me happy, Goswin! Many Thanks!

Best regards, Davide.

Andres Salgado
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Clinton, 

I know optimize for video (with audio) in Webex Events will come but I don't have an ETA at this time. Sorry, probably not a very helpful answer but I just wanted to share that the team is aware of this.

For now you can see the suggestion to use share file in documentation:

"Optimizing for motion and video isn't currently available in Webex Events. If you're using Webex Events, share your video by selecting Share and Share File."

https://help.webex.com/en-us/5ddww5/Share-Content-in-Cisco-Webex-Meetings-and-Cisco-Webex-Events

Regards,

Andres

Response Signature

Dear Andres,

in our company all events are recorded and another big problem is that if I share a video as "file" with the integrated player (as suggested), the video file is not included in the meeting recorded (in accord to the popup message that appears before sharing video). What is the reason for this limit?

Sadly, at this moment WebEx Event seems unsuitable for meeting with multimedia content. Any update about these issues?

Thanks for your attention and kind regards,

Davide Fornasini