cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Site Admin question.

Francisco Zicre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, the Site Admin have end-of-life ? We have both Control Hub and Site admin, we have told recently that is recommended to move everything to Control Hub but unless site admin is going to be deprecated in the future we don't see the hurry.

3 Replies 3

ian.mcguinness
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco are currently linking all Webex meetings sites managed in Webex Site Administration to Control Hub. Here is a link to explain what will happen https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/341eud/Link-Webex-sites-to-Control-Hub

The primary reason for moving to Control Hub is for the most that there are functionality that you would not get in Webex if you stay on the legacy Site Admin. From the top of my head I don’t have an example of this, but I know that there are functions that is only present in Control Hub. Eventually Site Admin will be deprecated and you’ll be necessary to make the move either way.

Apart from functionality making the move to Control Hub gives you one single place where you administer your Webex system landscape, instead of two as you currently have.

We recently did the switch to Control Hub from Site Admin and there have been very little issues that arose from this. The primary thing is that if you use Jabber still it will require your users to re-authenticate with Webex. If you have made the switch to use the new Webex application you’ll not even see this minor nuisance.

Response Signature

AFAIK there is no EOL declared but its highly recommend to move to Control Hub as the site admin will be deprecated soon.. 

Response Signature

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.