Views
Helpful
Replies

some users can't join webex meetings from video systems

Sydd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Since a few days (maybe 2 or 3 weeks) some users who recently created their account can't join Webex meetings from the video systems we deployed on several rooms. Not possible from Room Kit neither from Polycom devices for example.

I've checked these users' accounts and noticed that the "join meetings from video systems" on the user's privilege is unchecked :

Screenshot_2019-12-16 Cisco Webex Control Hub.png

I may have done something wrong in the configuration of our webex site, by deactivating a session type for example : since I've reactivated a custom session type, everything seems to be ok (after a final verification, that's not ok).

My question is : how can I check the users who are concerned by the loss of this privilege. I know I can reactivate on a per user basis, but what if there is several users concerned ? May I have to check a hundred of accounts ? I'd like at least to check which users are concerned, and restore the privilege by hand if not possible via Hub or API.

I've searched how to do it via mass modification in hub, I can't find anything useful. Same thing via API. So if I can retrieve a list of user accounts, it will be something good.

sincerely,
Valéry

1 Accepted Solution

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can check the options that you are looking through the Webex Control Hub. 

• Login to Webex Control Hub
  • Select Services >> Sites (Meeting) >> Site Name . This will show you Site Information as well as Licenses and Users Information.

Capture1.PNG

• Under Licenses and Users Information, click Bulk Manage

Capture2.PNG

• Click to export user attributes into a CSV file.

Capture3.PNG

In the exported file, you will find below parameters that are related to "Other Privileges":

• Personal Room - SupportPR = 0 (Disabled) or 1 (Enabled)
  • Join meetings from video systems - SupportCMR = 0 (Disabled) or 1 (Enabled)
  • High Quality Video - SupportHQV = Y or N
  • High Defination Video - SupportHDV = Y or N

You can check these parameters to check whether particular features are enabled for the user or not. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can check the options that you are looking through the Webex Control Hub. 

• Login to Webex Control Hub
  • Select Services >> Sites (Meeting) >> Site Name . This will show you Site Information as well as Licenses and Users Information.

Capture1.PNG

• Under Licenses and Users Information, click Bulk Manage

Capture2.PNG

• Click to export user attributes into a CSV file.

Capture3.PNG

In the exported file, you will find below parameters that are related to "Other Privileges":

• Personal Room - SupportPR = 0 (Disabled) or 1 (Enabled)
  • Join meetings from video systems - SupportCMR = 0 (Disabled) or 1 (Enabled)
  • High Quality Video - SupportHQV = Y or N
  • High Defination Video - SupportHDV = Y or N

You can check these parameters to check whether particular features are enabled for the user or not. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, it is really helpful.

I actually did an export : select Users -> Manage Users -> Export List.

This export is not the same as the one you indicate : it is slower to obtain and does not embed the same information.

For example, regarding to CMR :

* via the site export you explained, the field is "SupportCMR"

* via "Manage users" there is a field "site name - WebEx CMR [Subxxxxx]"

the information in these two fields is not identical : the site export does really indicate if the user have the privilege to join meetings via video system while the "manage users" way seems to indicate it's possible to have the privilege.

So thank you for your answer, it's real efficient way of checking users' privileges.

If there is a solution to check this by using API, and setup the privilege in the same way, it would be perfect as it could be done by a script.

Regards,
Valéry