Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRV record for cloud services at Webex

Does anyone know what the SRV record for the connection from the Webex application to the cloud services are? I don’t mean the two for on-prem services, those are already known.

Reason for asking is that we have a few users that cannot login to Webex if their not connected to our corporate network and we suspect that there might be some issue with name resolution for this SRV record.

Response Signature

1 Accepted Solution
5 Replies 5

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You say user's can't log on. I'm assuming from your message that you mean logon to Webex App to control hub user database and not for any phone service.  This should all be HTTPS traffic.  Do you use an IDP/SSO?  If so, enabling a SAML tracer in your browser might be enlightening.

Response Signature

Yes it’s the login towards Control Hub I refer to. We do use an IdP for SSO. The same clients can if they are connected with our corporate network login just fine with the same credentials, aka their email address. So we have not looked at this with a SAML tracer yet as it not likely to be the problem.

Even if it’s HTTPS traffic there would likely be a way for the client to find out where it should send the traffic to the Webex cloud services.

FEA7F280-4589-401F-83B5-142AD2D52C4E.jpegError message received.

How the client knows what Webex DC to connect with is what is presently unknown and that is what I seek information about. Worst case I’ll fire up Wireshark to capture the traffic to find out how this works the long arduous way. But I have my hope up for someone in the community knowing this so that I don’t need to do this.

Response Signature

I got both the users with the problem to run the command and that solved the issue. Checking the proxy settings in Internet Options it doesn’t look like there was any changes made. No matter what it solved the issue, so the end users are happy for now.

Marking the post as answered even if the original question as such isn’t answered. Once I get some time to spare I’ll look into this with a packet capture.

Response Signature

Thanks @Stephanie Knoop will check this on Monday and get back to this post with the outcome.

Response Signature