cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

StreamDeck integration

AJfromAU
Level 1
Level 1

A lot of people working from home are gradually turning their study or home office into a streaming studio. One of the common tools used to make this kind of workflow easier is the Corsair/El Gato Streamdeck - essentially a programmable keypad where each key is graphically customisable, to fire off actions on the computer (launch an App, start a presentation, adjust lighting, etc) Streamdeck has direct integration with streaming solutions like Twitch, OBS & BlackMagic ATEMs, as well as Apps like Keynote and Powerpoint. It would be handy if Webex & Webex Events had some direct integration points to make the workload managing a day full of Webex's more manageable and easier. (some stuff IS possible today via Keyboard shortcuts). Suggestions would include single buttons for Q&A, Chat, Mute, Start/Stop audio (with preselected inputs and outputs), start/stop video (with preselected cameras), change camera, etc

5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

if you want to have a new feature implemented, then the forum is the wrong place to ask for.

Best way to do it, is to speak to your Cisco AM or use the following site to add an idea or vote for already existing ideas:

https://ciscocollaboration.ideas.aha.io/

If enough people vote for an idea, then maybe BU implements it in the future.

BR

Orhan42
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

i have an Stream Deck MK.2 too and i still wanted to use it with Hotkeys. But Webex did not accept the Hotkeys from Stream Deck. 

I can't use Shortkeys with the Windows 10 OnScreenKeyboard osk.exe. Shortcuts works only with a physical keyboard.

On a Mac with Big Sur it works like a charm with Webex.

Am i missing something in Windows 10??

Thanks for your reply.

Best regards,

Orhan 

This is how I got steamdeck to work with Jabber or a cisco type phone.  

Make new Icon under System ---> website

On the title: you can type the user name to appear on screen key

on the URL: ciscotel:5555555555   

if successful, when you push the steamdeck button, your cisco desk phone should go hands free and be dialing the number. not sure of the results if you have just a soft phone, but should be the same.

Ricky

ciscotel:5555555555

Then you can add their face to the buttons like I did.

Another old school trick that worked for a email to come up their name already there

Mailto:rickysmith@yahoo.com

Screenshot 2022-02-16 165018.png                  

rhungerford
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to see some support also.  It would also be nice if it integrated into Cisco Jabber.  It would then be like a side car to a desk phone and you could program extensions and make cool color Icons that could show a persons name, face or extension.  Zoom is cool but a lot of the bigger organizations like mine are all forced cisco. 

gmeardi
Level 1
Level 1

Completely agree.

It's more than one year that Zoom has this kind of Stream Deck plugin / direct integration: a company like Cisco cannot stay frozen for so much time vs a solution that was born so recently and (initially) less professional.

OBS virtual camera integration finally arrived, but... late in that case as well.

Please Cisco address more consideration to third party software and hardware integrations... that are CRITICAL in these pandemic times...

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.