cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ThinClient Versions - Webex Control Hub Troubleshooting

Roray Stewart
Spotlight
Spotlight

Does anyone know what the ThinClient version numbers mean in Control Hub troubleshooting under a participants connection? I haven't been able to track down anything so far to understand them. For example I have two users that have joined via the browser, both on Firefox 81.0 but one shows ThinClient 6.1 & the other ThinClient 10.0. I've also seen multiple other versions for users. Would be good to get an understanding of their meaning particularly if it helps out in a support perspective

Thanks in advance

Roray

4 Replies 4

Andres Salgado
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Roray,

I thought it had to do with the Webex meeting site version. For instance 40.10 would be version 10 which was October https://help.webex.com/en-us/xcwws1/What-s-New-for-the-Latest-Channel-of-Webex-Meetings

I could be wrong since your example displayed different versions for the same browser client at the same time from what I understood. Anyway, I think the important thing to note in terms of support is that the thin client/ browser client was the join method and you can compare if the same behavior occurs with other join methods. 

Regards,

Andres

Response Signature

Hi @Andres Salgado, thanks for the response. I think I came to the conclusion it was related to the operating system being used, so ThinClient 6.1 were Windows 7 users & ThinClient Windows 10.0 users.

Having just taken a look at some live meetings I'm now seeing much better reporting for Thin Client connections in that it now lists it as: Webex Thin Client 41.2.2.575 for example so you can clearly see what version it is along with the operating system and browser. Good to see the improvement there.

tashley
Level 1
Level 1

I just had a unwanted participant that appeared in a classroom meeting that connected using a thin client 10.0 . There was not any IP information or any information included other than the client. 

Is that a normal situation? All other participants had additional connection information.

Hi Tashley, 

Check the following link to add security best practices to the meetings:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/wlvh12/Prevent-Unwanted-People-from-Attending-Your-Meetings

Regards,

Andres

Response Signature