cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ThinClient Versions - Webex Control Hub Troubleshooting

Roray Stewart
Beginner
Beginner

Does anyone know what the ThinClient version numbers mean in Control Hub troubleshooting under a participants connection? I haven't been able to track down anything so far to understand them. For example I have two users that have joined via the browser, both on Firefox 81.0 but one shows ThinClient 6.1 & the other ThinClient 10.0. I've also seen multiple other versions for users. Would be good to get an understanding of their meaning particularly if it helps out in a support perspective

Thanks in advance

Roray

4 Replies 4

Andres Salgado
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Roray,

I thought it had to do with the Webex meeting site version. For instance 40.10 would be version 10 which was October https://help.webex.com/en-us/xcwws1/What-s-New-for-the-Latest-Channel-of-Webex-Meetings

I could be wrong since your example displayed different versions for the same browser client at the same time from what I understood. Anyway, I think the important thing to note in terms of support is that the thin client/ browser client was the join method and you can compare if the same behavior occurs with other join methods. 

Regards,

Andres

Response Signature

Hi @Andres Salgado, thanks for the response. I think I came to the conclusion it was related to the operating system being used, so ThinClient 6.1 were Windows 7 users & ThinClient Windows 10.0 users.

Having just taken a look at some live meetings I'm now seeing much better reporting for Thin Client connections in that it now lists it as: Webex Thin Client 41.2.2.575 for example so you can clearly see what version it is along with the operating system and browser. Good to see the improvement there.

tashley
Beginner
Beginner

I just had a unwanted participant that appeared in a classroom meeting that connected using a thin client 10.0 . There was not any IP information or any information included other than the client. 

Is that a normal situation? All other participants had additional connection information.

Hi Tashley, 

Check the following link to add security best practices to the meetings:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/wlvh12/Prevent-Unwanted-People-from-Attending-Your-Meetings

Regards,

Andres

Response Signature

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.

Recognize Your Peers