cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wbx Registration Fails Activation failed:System time adjustment failed

DarrenDCCalhoun
Level 1
Level 1

Attempting to register a Cisco Webex Board 55 to Webex and am experiencing error:   "Activation failed: System time adjustment failed".

This would seem to imply some type of time adjustment issue, NTP, etc.  However, the response on a different site indicates this is likely a network connection/configuration error.  Unfortunately, no specific details as to how they resolved this were shared.

"It is indeed a connection error (the proxy seems at fault), but the error message was really misleading and we spent hours looking at other things like the NTP config and Timezone."

This particular site has four other Workspaces with successfully registered devices.  We've asked the customer to engage their network team to compare all network settings between the successfully registered devices and unsuccessfully registered device to determine if there are any discrepancies.

We've tried:

- Factory Resets                                                                                                                                                                                - Generating new Activation Codes                                                                                                                                                    - Comparing all device level network configuration settings

We're still experiencing the "Activation failed: System time adjustment failed" error.

Any insights into how you may have overcome this error would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Darren Calhoun

Activation field_System time adjustment failed.PNG

11 Replies 11

salvador_ipn
Level 1
Level 1

Same failure.

It did not work to change port or DNS.

The test that was successful was to register to CUCM and then to Webex from CLI.

xCommand Webex Registration Start ActivationCode: <Webexcode> SecurityAction: NoAction

Jonny5
Level 1
Level 1

I've run into this as well. Setting the DNS servers has been a 100% fix in my environment.

Fixing the DNS worked for me too.

I had the same issue and this resolved it. Thanks so much! 

Thank you, Jonny! Much appreciated!

aosvr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Darren,

Thanks for posting your issue. I'm facing the same situation. We have 100+ endpoints successfully registered to Webex Control Hub for more than a year. Since last week, we could not register new endpoints anymore with the same error message. 

Does anyone have any thoughts to share about this?

aosvr_0-1664397588844.png

Hi @aosrv,

I'm facing the same issues. Did you find any workaround?

Regards,

Gian

Hi @tecpetrol and @DarrenDCCalhoun 

I figured out the problem. Although the error message was "Activation failed:System time adjustment failed", looking deeper in the logs I've found the real problem: "403 Forbidden". Take a look at the eventlog/application.log file in the Issues and Diagnostics >  System Logs menu and search for the keyword "activation". You will see near the http return message. The normal message is something like:

HTTP(1) <= 200

In my case, there was a missing configuration on the proxy to allow the endpoint to reach Webex Cloud. That's the why for the 403 error return message. 

Hope this help.

Regards!

Awesome!  I'll share with my counterparts who are directly interacting with the customer's network team and will update you on the results.

Thank you for sharing this solution,

Darren

Matt Waechter
Level 1
Level 1

Are you able to move the network connection for the new board (non-functioning) to the switch port of a known functioning board to rule out networking?

Hello Matt,

Great Idea!  I'd actually requested that our site contact attempt to connect to a different, preferably known good network jack.

I'll keep everyone apprised of what we find.

Thank you,

Darren Calhoun