Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex App stop Meetings in VDI

maxkue
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

is there an option to deactive the Meeting function if a User use the Webex App in an VDI environment?

Our Citrix Systems need to much CPU if many people will use meetings in the Webex App on an VDI - They should use the Webex App in VDI for Messaging and Calling but not for Meetings. In the best case it should not show the "Meetings" when some one logges in in the VDI (If he start it on the laptop it should show it.

We use Citrix for VDIs and got the Webex App for VDI 42.4.

Does anyone know what i mean/know if theres an solution from cisco?

maxkue_0-1661432907270.png

2 Replies 2

DMaternTRA
Level 1
Level 1

You should take a look at the VDI optimized option for Webex: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cloudCollaboration/wbxt/vdi/wbx-vdi-deployment-guide.html .  This will move the compute power from inside the VDI session to the thin client, freeing up resources on the Citrix hosts. I'm not aware of a way to disable meetings on a per-device basis.

Thanks for your answer.

weve done all the vdi optimized option and i use it already in our Citrix environment.... But every time when i go in a meeting and watch the CPU ressources of the citrix worker i will not beleave that its okay to let all ppl work with meetings on the citrix servers...