Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Availability shifting from mobile phone to laptop

yusuf.rashid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the Webex messenger installed on my Android mobile phone as well as on my MS Surface laptop. When I am remote and using webex on my phone it seems to work fine. When I return to my laptop docked at my workstation, I can't figure out how to get Webex on my laptop to figure out that I would rather use laptop over mobile phone. From the laptop I am unable to chose the Availability option and I have learned that people are unable to reach me via webex call in this situation. I have to reboot the laptop to get the webex to be available again. Is there an easier trick or setting configuration to better coordinate the transition webex from mobile phone to laptop availability?

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What you are describing sounds strictly like an issue on your laptop installation.  You should be able to seamlessly be logged into both your mobile phone Webex App and your laptop Webex App, using either device to respond to messages or answer calls throughout your workday.  Are you saying this never occurs if you use ONLY the laptop for a day?  Does the Webex App have issues after some time, or after stepping away and unlocking the machine after a period of inactivity?

I would suggest to uninstall/re-install and see if the issue persists, if you have not already, as a starting point.

Response Signature