cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Calling Queue Managment (Night Service)

RossStevenson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, looking for some help and trying to achieve something that might not possibly be available, but hopefully is.

We've just migrated from a UCM/UCCX solution into Webex Calling which does suit all our needs, however we had setup a  script on UCCX for our old system which allowed us to amend and change out of hours routing on our CCX queues via a menu selection.

I'm looking for something similar, some remote management tool (outwith the webex admin site) that users or people who belong to the queue, can quickly amend the number used for the Night Service configuration and to enable/disable it ad-hoc.

Any help appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Norm A
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ross,

I haven't seen a way yet to enable/disable NIght Mode thru dial in, or thru Webex app. But if you want to just change the phone number that it transfers to remotely without the Control Hub, you can work around it by permanently forwarding the Night Service to an intermediary number. Then using Webex App or device, you control where this number forwards to. Downside is that the new number will have to on a different user or workspace. I heard that Webex now support Virtual Lines. Haven't played much around it yet but may be an option instead of another user account.

Cheers!

Thanks for the response Norm. I had thought about this and played around with adding the shared line to those users who need access to alter the forward on the intermediary number, but I can't seem to find a way to change the forward on Line 2 for example without it also altering it for the primary line. Can't see to find a way to do that, also can't find a method to change the line on the webex mobile app either.

So might have to go down the route of creating an entirely new user with this intermediary number and have users login as this account to change it.

kkehnen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @RossStevenson,

from my point of view there is no easy way as of now.

1. Assuming you use WebEx Calling Auto-Attendant there is no Supervisor feature.

2. In case WebEx Calling Queues support management of opening hours (not sure), supervisors can only Coach, Barge-in or take over.

3. As of my research the WebEx API does not allow for Management of opening hours for Auto-Attendant. Seeing this, I do not see any serious external apps.

Maybe you should open a TAC case to clarify this topic, or open a feature request.

Even though webex calling als some more Contact Center specific features, it is not a full replacement. Not even for UCCX. If you would want to use the IVR based approach you would probably need to source WebEx Contact Center.

Hope that helps!

Greeting

Kevin

Hi Kevin, thanks for the response. We're just using the call queue feature within Webex Calling, so not the Auto-Attendant bit, literally just the night service section on there, we have to manage the divert on a weekly basis for out of hours routing. Something that we were used to and possibly spoiled with, being able to dial in and select an option for the new member divert.

I can appreciate I'm probably looking for more functionality of a call centre related software, but was hoping someone else may've come across this.

Also the same as trying to see 'Agents' availability within some live wallboard or dash im struggling to find, yet again, thats more likely contact centre related and not something the basic webex calling provides.