cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Calling with Local GW deployment question

KY_
Level 4
Level 4

Can someone please provide details about following question for webex calling deployment with local gateway deployment scnerio.

My question is that;

which license we will need on the control hub side for webex calling with local gateway dpeloyment option ?

Webex team app will register to cloud and will be dial in to cucm registered ip phone
Webex  app will make pstn call via local gateway which is integrated control hub.
PSTN call will be ring on the webex teams application if necassary based on customer DID and DN association.

All of ip phone will register cucm and they will dial webex team and webex app  will be register to control hub but I noticed that hybrid deployment will be EOS soon so in this case after that webex app complately  register CUCM thought expressway instead of connector there is new termionlogy is coming for it device connector.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/n2q9085/End-of-Support-EoS-Announcement-for-End-Users-and-Workspaces-on-Legacy-Hybrid-Call-Service-Expressway-Call-Connector-Architecture-Only

We wont use jabber on cucm registered device and  we would like to integrate CUCM PBX system with webex app.

Regards

2 Replies 2

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You don't need any license for Local GW on Webex Control Hub side. But you need CUBE Trunk licenses on Local GW. CUBE Trunk Licenses (A-FLEX-LGW-CUBE) are included with your Cisco FLEX Webex Calling subscription at a ratio of one license for every two knowledge workers. Customers with an A-FLEX subscription may request these licenses by opening a support case once the subscription order is placed. Customers ordering Webex Calling with A-FLEX-3 will automatically receive CUBE Trunk Licenses with their subscription. Licenses issued through a Webex Calling subscription are only eligible for calls to and from the Webex Calling platform and may not be used for any other call flow. For example, between an intermediate call control system and the PSTN—even if the same local gateway is used for this call. Issued licenses are valid for the duration of the Flex Plan term.

Also make sure you have supported model for Local GW with Cisco IOS XE release 16.12.1 onwards.

If you are looking for Webex App to make PSTN calls via CUCM then you don't need Webex Calling. You can just follow below deployment guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cloudCollaboration/wbxt/ucmcalling/unified-cm-wbx-teams-deployment-guide.html 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hi Vaijanath

Thanks for the response, I have read this document but we would like to deploy webex calling but I want to understand what is the difference between  UCM  webex calling and webex calling ?

Here is the webex hybrid   device connector deployment guid ebut I can see a lot of type deployment scnerio available Im confuse that point.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cloudCollaboration/wbxt/hybridservices/hybridcalldevices/wbxhs_m_deployment-guide-for-webex-devices-hybrid-call/wbxhs_m_deployment-guide-for-webex-devices-hybrid-call_chapter_010.html#id_121170

I also read webex calling PA guide

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Collaboration/hybrid/AltDesigns/PA-WbxCall.pdf

My requirement is that ;

Webex team app will register to cloud and will be dial in to cucm registered ip phone
Webex app will make pstn call via local gateway which is integrated control hub.
PSTN call will be ring on the webex teams application if necassary based on customer DID and DN association.

I  need to associate DID -> webex Client DN so webex app will use own DID number like previously CUCM registered Jabber device.When the pstn mobile user dial back it should  ring webex app device.

Thanks