cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex getting started as a partner- access to Control Hub

davidfield
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,  I'm somewhat frustrated with the Webex onboarding as a partner process and hoping someone can point me in the right direction. 

We completed the training and program Enrolment and I've been told by Webex helpdesk the next step is I need to order a service on CCW in order to be able to get a login to control hub.  I don't want to actually order a service and just want to get access to start a trial for a client but I can't get into the Partner hub apparently until I order a service.  Helpdesk are not helpful at all and just going around in circles.  

Am I missing something here?

Best regards

David

4 Replies 4

And thats where the confusion comes from...I had few meeting with webex partner activations and when I asked what I need to become a webex partner ( so we can - my business - host our customers ucaas) they couldnt confirm. I mean, if ALL I need is a NFR transaction so be it but at least be CLEAR about it and not make us - partners - go around for this silly answer. Now the second hassle is to get someone from sales to engage to assist on that NFR...I mean is just frustration after another one for something that seems to be so simple.

ross.millan
Level 1
Level 1

When we signed up as a Webex for broadworks partner, (which may be similar to the requirements you have), it was a requirement to have a partner org.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/no4dlj3/Webex-for-Cisco-BroadWorks-Solution-Guide#

"Each Webex for Cisco BroadWorks Service Provider or Reseller needs a to be setup as a Partner Organization for Webex for Cisco BroadWorks. If you have an existing Webex Partner Organization, this can be used."

This is the way the product is built, its not just as simple as getting a username and password. So my guess is your going to need to order a webex org (if you don't have one already) that can be used to attach any "customer" orgs to.

Again for us:

"In order to complete the necessary onboarding, you must execute your Webex Cisco BroadWorks paperwork and new partners must accept the online Indirect Channel Partner Agreement (ICPA). When these steps are completed, Cisco Compliance will create a new Partner Org in Partner Hub (if needed) and send an email with authentication details to the Admin of Record in your paperwork. At the same time, your Partner Activation and/or Customer Success Program Manager will contact you to start your onboarding. "

I think your best path forward is to speak to or get a Cisco program manager who can help you navigate the process.

I am undergoing the same hassle, this is ridiculous. It seems no one on webex is capable of providing a concise direction. All they do is make you go on circles...incredible..

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

IIRC, you should have a partner org for your own. You may have to order it as NFR via CCW.

If you have a partner admin login, you will also login via admin.webex.com. The first page just differs, you'll get a list of organizations you're partner with instead of entering your org directly.