Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx hosting problem

womancreated
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I am regularly attending meetings where the host makes me host so I can do breakouts for them and other tech support. They remain the co-host. We’ve been doing this with no problem for a few years. In a few recent sessions, the hosting reverts to them without warning and I am back to being a participant. 
Any idea why this is happening and how I can prevent it? 

thank you in advance for the help. 

1 Reply 1

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

This sounds similar to a problem I've experienced recently.  I teach Webex in our organization so I regularly start a meeting from a PC and then join with my mobile device so I can demonstrate the calling features on a smart phone.  Within the last month, the system now randomly moves my Host account to the phone.  Because of this I loose the Record function on my PC.  I opened a TAC case on this and was told this was by design.  Not sure how having the host role reassign randomly can be by design. though.  I did ask them to escalate a request to development to prevent this in the future and the tech said he opened an internal feature request for this.  

I just opened a feature request for this as well.  If you would like to support this request, please click on the link below and vote for it.

https://ciscoccp.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-11322 

Response Signature