cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Licenses for completed meetings not released and causing errors.

Christinahoff
Level 1
Level 1

Ever since Cisco changed the licensing model, we have been having issues.  As a coordinator, I need to schedule multiple meetings for others that I DO NOT ATTEND. I understand the maximum simultaneous meetings for a host is 5.

However, for example:

• I had 3 meetings scheduled at 1-1:45
  • 1 meeting scheduled at 1-1:30 - for a total of 4 meetings beginning at 1pm.
  • All 4 meetings finished on-time and were no longer showing in my Webex app. 
  • At 2pm, there were 2 meetings scheduled to begin and one of them could NOT start because of a "too many simultaneous meetings" error. This happens very frequently. 

I sent logs on this issue multiple times and was told to use the "end meeting for all" option, HOWEVER, that is a short-sighted suggestion as that option is not available to co-hosts and I cannot barge into executive meetings to end them. 

I can't be the only person using Webex who schedules multiple meetings for others while not attending. Corporate executive assistants who support multiple executives are likely to have this issue if they work for a busy, international company. It seems like there should be a way for Cisco to shorten the amount of time it takes to release a license after a meeting ends, so it can be used for another meeting. 

3 Replies 3

isuhrstedt
Level 1
Level 1

This may not work for you depending on your licensing available, but in my company we use calendar permissions and ability for administrative or executive assistants to schedule Webexes on behalf of the executives.  So instead of scheduling it under your license, each Exec would have a license and you schedule it on their calendar.  This way they are the Host and it's not simultaneous.  I assume you probably know this and the main issue is licensing available but it seems really stressful to try and manage this and hope no meetings run long, even if the license usage ends immediately upon meeting end.  We used to have a similar problem as you until we did the scheduling permission change.

Thank you for replying.  Unfortunately, that solution won't work because we schedule Webex interviews for all corporate roles in North America and Latam. Each candidate has up to 4 interviews (either 30 or 45 min.) with a changing list of teammates. If we were to attempt to use permissions, I would need them for over 100 different calendars. Even if I could get all the permissions, it would be cumbersome to collect all the meeting information to prepare a schedule for the candidates.  We had no issues with Webex until the licensing change. At my previous jobs in Talent Acquisition with other companies, they functioned in the same way with regard to scheduling virtual interviews. I imagine many others do as well although my prior employers used Microsoft Teams which still has no simultaneous limits for hosts. 

This does sound like a fairly unique situation.  The only other type of workaround approach I can think of is to use personal rooms with a set of fixed users.  Maybe you have a designated set of accounts that are to be used for these interviews, and all meetings are in a personal room, which has no particular start or end time.  They can be locked and allowed to start without the Host (owner of the personal room) being there.  This way maybe people could cycle in and out of these personal rooms at set times, lock them during the meeting in case they go late, and if someone shows up early they sit in the lobby until admitted.

Not sure if that helps but it could be a way to not worry about particular start or end times, and you would just need a known set of personal rooms to schedule.  You could even create special AD accounts for these so they are not used by anyone else.  Just a thought, in any case hope you find a way forward!