cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Partner Hub - can multiple partners access one customer?

JamesHawkins
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I work for a Cisco partner that buys through distribution rather than directly from Cisco.

We have recently sold Webex licenses to a customer that has previously bought Webex licenses from another Cisco partner.

The end customer has provisioned the licenses successfully so they are happy but we cannot see them as a customer in the Control Hub Partner View.

I know the other partner can see the customer in Partner View (I used to work for them!) but my current partner view cannot see them.

Can two partners access the same customer via Partner View? - if yes then are they just limited to the subscriptions that they sold or can they see all the subscriptions?

If yes who at Cisco would I need to speak to at Cisco to get the access enabled?

Any help gratefully received

1 Accepted Solution

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, multiple partners can see the same customer Org ID (also any individual email address that the customer adds as an External Administrator).

Your mistake was letting the customer complete the provisioning instead of doing it for them. When a partner user completes the provisioning email a “managed by” relationship is established between the partner and customer org IDs. The first partner to do that inherits full admin rights; however, subsequent partners that do it only get provisioning admin role. The customer would then need to elevate your access if appropriate using the external admin process.

At this point your only option is to get an email from the customer approving your access and then to open a XaaS case for provisioning assistance.

For future customer orders, instruct disti to set a partner email address as the Provisioning Contact on the Web Order in CCW so you get the email instead. In my experience, they sometimes don’t listen though. I often times ask the Collab PSS to double-check the order before the RSD to ensure it’s correct.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

JamesHawkins
Level 1
Level 1

Brilliant Jonathan. Your assistance is greatly appreciated

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, multiple partners can see the same customer Org ID (also any individual email address that the customer adds as an External Administrator).

Your mistake was letting the customer complete the provisioning instead of doing it for them. When a partner user completes the provisioning email a “managed by” relationship is established between the partner and customer org IDs. The first partner to do that inherits full admin rights; however, subsequent partners that do it only get provisioning admin role. The customer would then need to elevate your access if appropriate using the external admin process.

At this point your only option is to get an email from the customer approving your access and then to open a XaaS case for provisioning assistance.

For future customer orders, instruct disti to set a partner email address as the Provisioning Contact on the Web Order in CCW so you get the email instead. In my experience, they sometimes don’t listen though. I often times ask the Collab PSS to double-check the order before the RSD to ensure it’s correct.