Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Public Team or Space

Shawn McBreen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone, 

I'm trying to figure out if it is possible two create a Team or Space in Webex (Teams) where it can be visible in the "Corporate Directory" where you search for users in your company.  We have a department that would like for people in the company to be able to ask a question to the Team in Webex as needed so they can verify something but without being a member of this "Team/Space".  Is it at all possible for you to send a msg to a group of users and be able to get a response back without having to join or be a member of the Team/Space and if so how would one go about setting that up?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

3 Replies 3

jfranchetti
Level 1
Level 1

42.9 just added Public Spaces, but I am not sure what they are really for (or how best to use them).  Not sure if it addresses what you post above.

* There are few situations where we would want a space that our 2000 employees stumble into.  So I am not sure of purpose.

Stoyan Stoitsev
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

There are multiple workarounds but no feature exactly as you describe it. 

There is a feature suggestion opened here on which you can vote or comment https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-506

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

This sounds like a great use for a bot.  There are some that are already created that you can search through by clicking on the Apps icon in the bottom left corner of Webex.  You can also create your own bot.  Here's a LINK with more information.

Response Signature